Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My son's angel...

My son has an angel, I like to call him Dr. Yasin. The day I met this man, I knew he was going to take care of us. Dr. Yasin never missed a beat. He remembered every little detail about me. I met Dr. Yasin on August 24, 2011. I was exactly 20 weeks pregnant. I first went for an ultra sound. Ultra sounds were always our favorite part. Because of the tumor we had an ultrasound almost every week.

After my ultrasound, I was put into a room to be examined by Dr. Yasin. After we all introduced ourselves, he began the exam. Little man was moving all over, Dr. Yasin's first response was, "We have a dancer in there." I smiled a smile of relief, I was over whelmed with happiness!

After my exam, Dr. Yasin called us into his office. I began to get nervous. We all sat down, and he pulled up my medical imaging on the computer. Dr. Yasin is very straight forward, quick, and to the point. Took me a while to get used to. Me, I'm very thorough and have to know every detail. Well I learned quick, there was never going to be a straight answer in my situation. Dr. Yasin proceeded to tell us he would take on the challenge. I was besides myself, WE DID IT! Now we just have to get through the rest of the pregnancy. I'm already half way there! He came up with the plan that he wanted to deliver me at 37 weeks, scheduled C-Section. Towards the end of my pregnancy, the baby would start fighting for room with the tumor. We all know the results of that. Also I would have no birth canal. We have to play it safe and keep both the baby and me as comfortable as possible. But we also had to keep the baby in as long as possible for developmental reasons.

We were confident in his decision and left the office that day on a high note. We were all ready to conquer this. From this day on we drove to Miami every week to be monitored. If we weren't at Dr. Yasin's office I was with one of my surgeons. I still didn't have a date or even estimate of what week he would choose to deliver me. But it was time to start planning my babyshower! I was so excited :)

I could never explain in word how thankful I am for Dr. Yasin. We had searched and searched and he was the only doctor that said we would go fourth for with the pregnancy. He said no way he would let me terminate. Dr. Yasin made my life long dream of becoming a mother come true. He had lifted that fifty ton brick off my chest. He was going to make sure I experienced this next 17 weeks as normal as possible.

I left the office that day with his personal phone number and email. He kissed my cheek and said "It's going to be okay, We will do this". My Mother and Deeco teared up and hugged him, thanking him over and over again. I owe it all to him, The rest of my pregnancy went pretty good,  minus small surgeries on tumor ect. But as for my son, He was growing strong and that over came anything else I was going thru with my health. I'll post photos and explain how the end effected me. No one's comfortable in the end, but mine was just a nightmare.

I don't want to over play each and every doctor's appointment. Dr. Yasin will come in again when my son was born...  That's when he really saved his life......  <3

Here's a few photo's from Dr. Yasin's office during my pregnancy.


My little Soldier, growing strong.  


By this time, I had THREE surgeries pertaining to the tumor! & he just held on tight!



This was my last ultrasound, I was ready to GO! Uncomfortable, Miserable, in constant pain and just so swollen! COME ON BABY TAJ!


No comments:

Post a Comment